User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Republicans could learn something from the 2020 election

Page:

Link
Can we also get these people to try an kick California out of the Union.
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Link
Originally posted by BigMex73
Can we also get these people to try an kick California out of the Union.

Where are you going to get water and power?

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I've said I don't think the country will be the same in a decade. I can't give an exact date, that's not really how failing democracies work. It's more of a boiling frog thing than a military coup. There's not going to be a hard point where one day we are a functional democracy then the next day we aren't.

Considering the general lack of faith in elections and institutions, it's pretty easy to make an argument that it's already collapsing. Which creates a situation where it's beneficial for demagogues to expedite the process while ensuring they come out on top. That's why the 2020 lie is still going strong among the GOP. Most elected officials know it wasn't actually stolen, but it does give them cover to actually steal the next one. Which further degrades faith in the system, but at least they are the ones that come out ahead.

Isn't the current system designed and operating to benefit the demagogues ONLY? Why would they risk upsetting the apple cart or rocking the boat?

Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Isn't the current system designed and operating to benefit the demagogues ONLY? Why would they risk upsetting the apple cart or rocking the boat?

There's never enough to satisfy those types. They've got to have EVERY last bit. As Springsteen said, "Poor man want to be rich, Rich man want to be king, And a king ain't satisfied, Till he rules everything"

The fox knows many tricks. The hedgehog knows one good one.

Admin
Link

Real talk, do you think Republicans are going to have the utmost respect for the filibuster and the parlimentarian when they next take over Congress and the White House?

Now that they have SCOTUS rubber-stamping far right demands, do you think Republicans are going to be like, nah, we gotta respect the rules and keep it civil? Does that seem like the GOP of the past 20 years?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Admin
Link
Like, the motivating force of Republicans, for decades, has been getting a religious conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Including things like blocking Obama's court picks and then doing away with the filibuster for putting people on the court.

Now that they have it, do you think they are going to be like, "aw shucks guys, we can't do anything because of the Senate rules"? If so, have you been paying attention at all to the state level moves the GOP is making?
Edited by Corndog on Jun 22, 2022 23:20:20

Link
Where are you going to get water and power?

State is almost renewable energy instate. Water is a problem, but if we dont have to grow food for the rest of the country, we can play on green golf courses again.. Where are you going to get food other then beef and corn?
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Link
Real talk, do you think Republicans are going to have the utmost respect for the filibuster and the parlimentarian when they next take over Congress and the White House?

Now that they have SCOTUS rubber-stamping far right demands, do you think Republicans are going to be like, nah, we gotta respect the rules and keep it civil? Does that seem like the GOP of the past 20 years?

Of course not but that's not the part I'm questioning. Why would the Republicans of the last twenty years morph into fascist death squads?

Link
Like, the motivating force of Republicans, for decades, has been getting a religious conservative majority on the Supreme Court. Including things like blocking Obama's court picks and then doing away with the filibuster for putting people on the court.

Now that they have it, do you think they are going to be like, "aw shucks guys, we can't do anything because of the Senate rules"? If so, have you been paying attention at all to the state level moves the GOP is making?

Yeah, the GOP seems to have a political strategy

Link
Originally posted by BigMex73
State is almost renewable energy instate. Water is a problem, but if we dont have to grow food for the rest of the country, we can play on green golf courses again.. Where are you going to get food other then beef and corn?

Literally everywhere else. I'll miss the almonds though. Your large dairy operations are completely reliant on midwest corn, they've been freaking out because the logistical issues have cut down rail delivery.

We do have some diversity, beef, pork, chicken, dairy. Corn, Soybeans, Sweet corn, green peas, sugar beets, we can grow grains but why? We would need to work out a deal for access to the Asian markets, a good portion of our rail deliveries on corn and soybeans goes west and north of me, almost all of their rail currently goes west but they can get south but the Asian market typically makes the most sense.

Edited by Cowpoker on Jun 23, 2022 05:06:19

Admin
Link
Of course not but that's not the part I'm questioning. Why would the Republicans of the last twenty years morph into fascist death squads?

They always were, they just couldn't do it under the guise of legality with the Supreme Court's blessing. The veneer of legality is needed to convince idiots like you.

Link
They always were, they just couldn't do it under the guise of legality with the Supreme Court's blessing. The veneer of legality is needed to convince idiots like you.

Why would they need the supreme court? If you're going fascist, just remove it and replace it with something more regime friendly.

Do you think Canada will be safe from the fascists? I could start moving assets north but if the war machine is going to decide it wants to take the oil away from Canada, I might only delay the inevitable. I'm thinking northern Europe just to be safe.

Admin
Link
Why would they need the supreme court? If you're going fascist, just remove it and replace it with something more regime friendly.

Because they need plausible deniability for idiots like you. The illusion of legitimacy is how fascists get normies to go along with it.

Link
Because they need plausible deniability for idiots like you. The illusion of legitimacy is how fascists get normies to go along with it.

Not me, I don't care if fascists take over

Admin
Link
Not me, I don't care if fascists take over

Thanks for proving the point I guess.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.