User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Republicans could learn something from the 2020 election

Page:
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
So? YouTube is it's own business... can make it's own choices and suffer it's own consequences. Doesn't mean we have to like it or even agree but there's no way you step over the line of 'government control' and force them to do that.


I don't disagree about the legality, but it's a fascinating world when Joe Rogan gets paid $100m a year to push ivermectin for covid but congressional hearings get banned for misinformation.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 13:05:41
Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
They call for a statewide independence referendum in 2023, so that should be fun.


If they knew what it would mean... seriously mean... to their future lives, they would not be so gung-ho about wanting to be their own country. #1, they would be forced to lose ALL their military as far as U.S. forces were concerned. And the military equipment as well... any nuclear weapons... all military aircraft... everything. #2, if they think their Oil can keep them going forever, they're sadly mistaken. What they produce is a drop in the bucket even when compared to just America's overall oil production... and it would be a joke when compared to the world market. It would help, sure... but not enough and not for long. When you shrink your borders, you shrink your opportunities. And, unless they signed some kind of 'pact' with America, I don't think we'd be too inclined to protect them from Mexico. They might think they have plenty of guns but I notice few of them go for walk-a-bouts south of the Mexican border. Those boys have some serious weapons down there and I'm not talking about the government. I would think the Cartels would be licking their lips at the prospect of freely being able to invade Texas without the American military to protect them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 13:05:41
Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I don't disagree about the legality, but it's a fascinating world when Joe Rogan gets paid $100m a year to push ivermectin for covid but congressional hearings get banned for misinformation.


Can't protect humanity from it's own stupidity, brother. Sorry for that truth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

 

Online
Admin
Link
Honestly, a war with Texas might just be what this country needs. Split it up into 5 or 6 left leaning states after we take it back, and we could get to fixing the country.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I mean, you keep saying that to make yourself look better and more reasonable. You support and defend far right social movements, and advocate actually increasing wealth inequality. You're a status quo cuck that cares more about civility than civil rights. You're more upset about people calling out bigotry than people being bigots. You think there's no way the authoritarian moves by the right go anywhere, and are more upset about the left calling it what it is.

You don't want better Democrats, you want the government to do nothing, and Democrats are the do nothing party. Neoliberal brain rot has made you think things always get better and government just gets in the way.


Look better for who?

Yes, I support right leaning social ideas like no abortion, men playing mens sports. Yes, I don't care about wealth inequality because it really doesn't matter to anyone in that equation. Sort of on the bigot thing, it's been so over used and over played and bigots are bigots, you can't legislate it away and calling everyone who doesn't agree, or worse, calling everyone who doesn't full steam ahead agree a bigot just alienates people. The whole fascism thing is just the modern day version of the racism thing, there is a difference between genuine concern and right wing militia hit squads murdering gay people for some odd reason.

I want old fashioned Democrats, where Pelosi and Feinstein were the severe left wing and the old fashioned Newt Gingrich/Bob Dole Republicans.

Brain rot is a real possibility but giving government more control sounds good to you if Bernie Sanders is in the White House but you forget that Donny Trump could also be in the White House.

 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
They call for a statewide independence referendum in 2023, so that should be fun.


The irony would be if the US agreed to build a wall around the Texas border

 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Brain rot is a real possibility but giving government more control sounds good to you if Bernie Sanders is in the White House but you forget that Donny Trump could also be in the White House.


The difference is that the far right demagogues are going to seize government control after decades and decades of hands off neoliberalism has failed enough people to make room for extremism to take over one of the political parties.

If either party had made any effort to help the working class of the country in the past 50 years, we might not be where we are. As it stands, one party is openly Christian fascists and poised to control all 3 branches of government in the next few years. They've made known their disdain for fair elections they might lose, SCOTUS has made clear they have no qualms about rolling back established rights.

You're going to get more government control whether you like it or not. I'd have preferred the measured approach, rather than creating a power vacuum for a dictator to step into. But we are where we are.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on Jun 21, 2022 10:11:11
 

Online
Admin
Link
Clarence Thomas is married to a woman that was lobbying state legislatures to overturn election results in 2020. How do you think he's going to rule when Republicans decide to do away with elections?

What about Brett? The whiny frat boy that broke down in his hearing and talked about how Democrats would regret being mean to him?

Or the handmaiden that got rushed through the process a few weeks before an election?

These are the people I'm supposed to have faith in protecting democracy?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
The difference is that the far right demagogues are going to seize government control after decades and decades of hands off neoliberalism has failed enough people to make room for extremism to take over one of the political parties.

If either party had made any effort to help the working class of the country in the past 50 years, we might not be where we are. As it stands, one party is openly Christian fascists and poised to control all 3 branches of government in the next few years. They've made known their disdain for fair elections they might lose, SCOTUS has made clear they have no qualms about rolling back established rights.

You're going to get more government control whether you like it or not. I'd have preferred the measured approach, rather than creating a power vacuum for a dictator to step into. But we are where we are.


I actually appreciate the system of the last 5 decades, I managed to pull the family farm out of bankruptcy and create a nice little slice of heaven in the middle of nowhere. The government doesn't owe me anything.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
I'm really, really dumb, and brain washed and have brain rot and if someone as stupid as I am can make it work with these cursed neoliberals, shouldn't people who are a lot smarter be able to figure out how to carve out some happiness in their lives?
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I'm really, really dumb, and brain washed and have brain rot and if someone as stupid as I am can make it work with these cursed neoliberals, shouldn't people who are a lot smarter be able to figure out how to carve out some happiness in their lives?


Have you seen the government recently? Even really really stupid people can fail upwards.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Jul 4, 2022 18:37:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Honestly, a war with Texas might just be what this country needs. Split it up into 5 or 6 left leaning states after we take it back, and we could get to fixing the country.


texas is bigger and better armed than afghanistan
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Vuijox
texas is bigger and better armed than afghanistan


Yeah but it's full of snowflakes.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Have you seen the government recently? Even really really stupid people can fail upwards.


Why would you want to ruin that opportunity for stupid people?

 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Honestly, a war with Texas might just be what this country needs. Split it up into 5 or 6 left leaning states after we take it back, and we could get to fixing the country.


You can't start a war with a neighboring country to simply seize territory, the world wouldn't allow it.

Oh wait, Russia is trying it and nobody is doing shit about it, we just need a crazy asshole in the white house.

Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.