User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Lol, Biden asking the oil companies to bail him out.

Page:

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
That's double what Exxon's net income was in 2021.

Put it this way, the US government needs oil companies more than oil companies need the US government, in fact oil would thrive without government, government would be on life support without US oil

Oh! So that's why big oil spends millions, even billions, buying personal puppet politicians' loyalty's by being the major campaign financiers for those puppets. Why... the government should be paying big oil instead! How could I be so wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2017/05/23/world/23orb/23orb-superJumbo.jpg

Biden doesn't have the fortitude to lay hands on the Saudis balls.
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Oh! So that's why big oil spends millions, even billions, buying personal puppet politicians' loyalty's by being the major campaign financiers for those puppets. Why... the government should be paying big oil instead! How could I be so wrong.

60 million, not billions. In other words, lobby spends 60 million on their behalf, government takes 60 billion in federal fuel tax plus income tax, I think Exxon paid 7 million in 2021 but that is off of memory so you might want to double check that.

You don't finance campaigns, you may give token donations to get a politicians attention but the real way to influence is to offer lol board of directors seats to relatives and friends, 100% legal, typically happens after the politician leaves public office.

Everybody loves the conspiracy theory but most politicians aren't going to take a sledge hammer to an industry that is vital to almost every single person in the country. You may not remember Al Franken, kind of a left wing celebrity turned politician, he was a huge advocate for agriculture because it was important to his state, he would randomly fire off the urban rhetoric but the guy always had our back in votes and committees because you don't shit where you eat.

Coyote
Link
You don't finance campaigns, you may give token donations to get a politicians attention but the real way to influence is to offer lol board of directors seats to relatives and friends, 100% legal, typically happens after the politician leaves public office.

Um... Super PAC's, brother. It's the way it's done now. Straight up campaign contributions are yesterday's dinosaur. When the Supreme Court unleashed the power of Super PAC's, the shit hit the fan. Now you can spend millions... even billions on false attack adds that cannot (legally) be traced back to you.. but you can hold it like an axe over your favorite puppet, for damn sure, and I promise you... they do.

wipety-wipe-wipe

Link

Um... Super PAC's, brother. It's the way it's done now. Straight up campaign contributions are yesterday's dinosaur. When the Supreme Court unleashed the power of Super PAC's, the shit hit the fan. Now you can spend millions... even billions on false attack adds that cannot (legally) be traced back to you.. but you can hold it like an axe over your favorite puppet, for damn sure, and I promise you... they do.

You need Raid to give you a Super PAC lesson. They do have to report the source of their donations(large ones anyway, maybe over $5,000 but I'd have to double check the amount) and again, Exxon and Chevron spent 10-15 million supporting super PAC's, not Billions.

Coyote
Link
You need Raid to give you a Super PAC lesson. They do have to report the source of their donations(large ones anyway, maybe over $5,000 but I'd have to double check the amount) and again, Exxon and Chevron spent 10-15 million supporting super PAC's, not Billions.

https://www.opensecrets.org/darkmoney/dark-money-basics.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_money
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on Jun 22, 2022 11:55:37

Link
You are still talking M's and not B's in terms of dollars even if you assume every penny of dark money that was spent on any given election, is all oil sourced and they equally spent money with both Republicans and Democrats (Oil money is usually 60/40 on Republicans), then maybe you are getting close to a billion but we both know that scenario is not remotely accurate.

There is a big difference between 5-15 million and a BILLION let alone BILLIONS.

Coyote
Link
You are still talking M's and not B's in terms of dollars even if you assume every penny of dark money that was spent on any given election, is all oil sourced and they equally spent money with both Republicans and Democrats (Oil money is usually 60/40 on Republicans), then maybe you are getting close to a billion but we both know that scenario is not remotely accurate.

There is a big difference between 5-15 million and a BILLION let alone BILLIONS.

Perhaps. But there's no way to tell, is there? I mean it's not just what's spent only during elections... it's all the subtle 'gifts', promises of future 'pats on the back', funding done for the puppet in question as for a 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'... ect, ect, ect. It's all the time, every year and more. Am I too high with the word 'Billion'? Sure... could be... maybe. But to think it's tiny millions is also wrong. You are right about one thing though... even though I already say it plenty... it IS spent on both sides, for sure. People just don't get it yet. A politician is a generic 'puppet' in a suit. They are slaves to their parties... and slaves to their masters (their biggest donors). They have a queue card they dead from filled with all the latest 'talking points', predetermined to get the best reactions from the sheeple they pander to for the votes. Lately that's been nothing but fear mongering from both sides. But peal off those 'Red' and 'Blue' suits and they could easily swap them and nobody would ever no the difference. It's all wood and strings underneath.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
But peal off those 'Red' and 'Blue' suits and they could easily swap them and nobody would ever no the difference.

Okay, I'm on board for most of this rant, but it's pretty easy to tell the the red suits from the blue suits these days. Only one wants to strip rights from citizens and use lies and violence to ignore the Constitution to stay in power.

-Oh, and *peel.

The fox knows many tricks. The hedgehog knows one good one.
Edited by atlbruce on Jun 22, 2022 17:28:21

Admin
Link
Originally posted by atlbruce
Okay, I'm on board for most of this rant, but it's pretty easy to tell the the red suits from the blue suits these days. Only one wants to strip rights from citizens and use lies and violence to ignore the Constitution to stay in power.

-Oh, and *peel.

And the other is happily complicit as long as they can use it to farm votes and money.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Admin
Link
Like you're delusional if you don't think a large chunk of Democrats were privately ecstatic about the Roe ruling being overturned because they could fundraise off of it.

At least the ones that aren't openly ecstatic because they are openly against abortions.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on Jun 22, 2022 18:37:20

Link

-Oh, and *peel.

Not true. Blue states were willing to punt their individual rights during the pandemic. Gave it up easier than a drunk cheerleader at prom.

They also got fast and loose with the truth, even successfully impeached a president with what turns out was bogus information.

Coyote
Link

-Oh, and *peel.

As long as they wear the right 'suit', sure. That's the queue card that comes with the suit and tells you what to say. If you changed the wooden bodies inside them, then you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in what's inside the suits. The suits themselves? Sure... easy to see.
While I actually liked Ronald Reagan, I also knew he was a Democrat long before he 'switched suits'. I give him some credit, at least, to clinging to some of his own core principals when wearing either suit. Whether you agreed with him or not... liked him or not... he at least was that, fairly honest unto his own beliefs. Again... whether you agreed with those beliefs or not.
Most people do NOT know Trump, while not being a real 'Liberal', always hated the Republican party. Go back before he ever considered announcing his candidacy and you'll find plenty of 'anti-republican' rants. He doesn't care if he destroys the Republican party... in fact, it might be part of his grand strategy to destroy anything Obama did (due to his visceral hatred of the man after he got roasted by him) and destroying the Republican party as well, along with setting himself up just like Putin be dissolving as much of the laws, rules and parts of the Constitution he can. Why do you think he was so 'hell bent' on getting 'his people' into as many power spots as possible, including the Supreme Court? He got as close as anyone in likely destroying the Democracy we've known for over 200 years.
And there's many more 'party switchers' over the years. Bernie is a bit of an exception as he left/didn't really leave the Democrat party but refuses to wear the red suit at all. Leaves him naked in more ways than one.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Coyote
Link
Not true. Blue states were willing to punt their individual rights during the pandemic. Gave it up easier than a drunk cheerleader at prom.

They also got fast and loose with the truth, even successfully impeached a president with what turns out was bogus information.

Fear makes stupid people even more stupid. Lots of things were done during the pandemic that showed that. Wonder if you've seen that before recently? Hmmmm... maybe back on some past day we now call 9/11? I seem to remember a lot of 'things' passed and done in the name of fear of terrorists. History repeats itself because humans are humans and we really don't learn as much as we think we do from past mistakes.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
Fear makes stupid people even more stupid. Lots of things were done during the pandemic that showed that. Wonder if you've seen that before recently? Hmmmm... maybe back on some past day we now call 9/11? I seem to remember a lot of 'things' passed and done in the name of fear of terrorists. History repeats itself because humans are humans and we really don't learn as much as we think we do from past mistakes.

People under stress make poor decisions, it's why fear mongering is so popular. We can't elect Republicans, they are the new version of the Nazi's and women can't get abortions. We can't elect Democrats or women with big hairy dicks will dominate girls high school basketball and we'll have $10 gas, blackouts, and our southern border will be over run.

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.