User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > The house passed a gun bill

Page:

Link
You can throw out the part of the bill that requires a person to be 21 instead of 18 to buy a gun since a US appeals court already ruled that Californias age 21 rule is unconstitutional.

The gun safe law, it's a good personal policy to safely secure guns but this is where congress doesn't think before acting. Is there a teenager that doesn't know how to operate a lock and key? Basically they want to put you in jail and fine you if a minor uses your gun to hurt people.

The red flag law I like, it is temporary and allows the person a court hearing within 2 weeks to defend themselves. The senate should take this part of the bill and throw the rest away and return it to the house.

Link
Wish universal background checks made it in there /sigh
Originally posted by Squeally
It's tough when you are a passive aggressive, beta-male!

Admin
Link
Don't see it mattering, nothing can pass the senate and the fascists take control at the end of the year anyway.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Mathias82

Like the NRA puppets would ever allow that to happen? Nah. They'd lose their 'campaign money'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
Originally posted by Mathias82

Agreed, although most mass shooters would have passed a background check.

I wouldn't be opposed to having to sign consent for the FBI to access medical history as a policy. It won't reduce crime as long as there is a private sale option available to everyone but it's a good policy regardless

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Don't see it mattering, nothing can pass the senate and the fascists take control at the end of the year anyway.

Fascist regimes generally are huge proponents of removing gun rights for citizens.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Fascist regimes generally are huge proponents of removing gun rights for citizens.

That's the NRA talking point, yeah.
https://www.salon.com/2013/01/11/stop_talking_about_hitler/

Link
Does that mean it's wrong?

Admin
Link
Does that mean it's wrong?

I mean, yeah?

Nazi Germany had less strict gun laws than the very liberal Weimar Republic.

Link
Weimar had to follow terms of a treaty, that's what happens when you lose a war. Turns out that didn't go over very well.

Nazis allowed Nazis to own guns, Jews not so much.

Admin
Link
Nazis allowed Nazis to own guns, Jews not so much.

#thepoint

Admin
Link
That's like saying we have strict gun laws because prisoners aren't allowed to have guns.

Link
Ok, I should have just said that.

Admin
Link
Ok, I should have just said that.

As is often the case, you'd probably have been better off just not saying anything. As the saying goes, better to stay quiet and let people think you're ignorant than to speak up and prove them right.

Link
That's good advice
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.