User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > This statement from Deb Stabenow sums up how out of touch Democrats are with their own platform.

Page:

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Nope. Stupidity comes with the suit. Just pick a color (red or blue) and speak shit.

And here you are, thinking you're the enlightened one splitting the difference between dumb and dumber.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Neither party supports the working poor.

They are both right leaning corporate capitalist parties.

So why do you take offense when I call them on their bullshit?

Link
To explain a bit, not all cows get fed corn. Beef cattle sometimes do but Dairy usually not so much. Cattle feed it pretty costly when compared to proper pasture usage and winter hay. Nice as an occasional diet supplement but not as an every day thing.

Your info is a bit dated. My beef cows and bulls don't see any grain. Milking dairy cows see a lot of grain, although they are probably seeking alternatives right now but milk is $24 so they are actually making money right now.

The only cattle I have that see grain are the orphan and twin calves that the mother didn't except. They get a few pounds a day and all the calves at weaning will get 3 pounds of grain (corn/oat/protein pellet/dry molasses).

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
So why do you take offense when I call them on their bullshit?

And here you are, thinking you're the enlightened one splitting the difference between dumb and dumber.

Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
Good call

Coyote
Link

And you keep snarkin. It's all you got, troll boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Your info is a bit dated. My beef cows and bulls don't see any grain. Milking dairy cows see a lot of grain, although they are probably seeking alternatives right now but milk is $24 so they are actually making money right now.

The only cattle I have that see grain are the orphan and twin calves that the mother didn't except. They get a few pounds a day and all the calves at weaning will get 3 pounds of grain (corn/oat/protein pellet/dry molasses).

I didn't wanna go into deep detail about the differences in 'feed' but yeah... we used feed every time we milked. However, 'feed' and 'Corn' are two different things. Corn feed some (not all but many, actually) beef farmers use to add some fat marbling (and weight) to their cattle. Dairy has a feed mix of vitamins, minerals, and grains... good for production and cow but not much for beef fattening.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
It might be geography and the feed sources readily available but corn silage and chopped high moisture alfalfa are two of the base ingredients in dairy cow rations in the midwest.

Coyote
Link
Oh, for sure there's corn in it... but damned if you can spot it (if you buy the good stuff). I mean, millage such as Milo and Sorgum and alfalfa and corn silage... plenty of the same stuff you find in mineral blocks as well. The ingredient list reads like a who's who of stuff we know and some grow. Can't remember back that far but I don't ever remember seeing any %'s listed about how much of what was used so it's just a list... kinda like your breakfast cereal box.Yep... got corn... and, and, and, and, and, and, and, and....
wipety-wipe-wipe

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.