User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > This statement from Deb Stabenow sums up how out of touch Democrats are with their own platform.

Page:

Link
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10893647/Democratic-Sen-Stabenow-brags-doesnt-matter-high-gas-prices-drives-EV.html

Ignoring for a minute the fact that most of the items that she, and every other US citizen purchases is mostly dependent on fossil fuels for it's production and transportation and those cost increases in production and transportation hit those products across the board, let's just focus on how out of touch this comment is.

Do the working middle class, the working poor, people of color own a disproportionate number of electric vehicles or wealthy middle aged or older white dudes?

JUST STFU about it. She could have touted green energy, electric vehicles without the smug response about it not affecting HER directly so it must not be that big of deal.

Seriously, after spending a year and a half claiming inflation wasn't really happening, then acknowledging inflation but claiming it was temporary or transitory to now finally saying that inflation is probably a difficult thing for people in the lower tax brackets.

The midterms are not going to be kind to this administration, not that they ever are to the party in the White House but at least start making an attempt to mitigate the fallout instead of pouring fuel on the fire.

I like Stabenow on the ag committee, I wish she were still vice chair but that ship has sailed. What a dumb thing to say.

Link
I have no faith that a red wave in November is going to change anything for the better but in this day and age, shouldn't politicians be more aware of the stupid shit they say?

Link
I'm done with old white people. Trump, Pelosi, Feinstein, McConnel, Biden.

Screw term limits and campaign finance reform, once you are eligible for SS, you should be completely ineligible for public office (including judge and small town mayor).

My joke of the day "When I die, I want Democrats to be my pallbearers so that they can let me down one last time"

Link
If your cows didnt eat all the corn, ethanol would be cheaper ...
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Link
Originally posted by BigMex73

Grain makes up less than .5% of my total feed ration.

It's sort of the inside joke with the cow farts and methane considering 95% of what my cows eat, would create 6x the amount of total methane if not utilized by people like me (you could spend trillions harvesting and building methane collectors for all the fodder and byproducts) but you would lose the consumable, value added food and one of the primary sources of sustainable fertilizer.

We are probably way behind as an industry attempting to actually educate people in reality but reality is often a hard sell.

The dried distillers grains (DDG's) that is the waste product produced after ethanol is distilled and dried has skyrocketed as well. We use it in beef and pork feed, probably others as well since it has a lot of the power of corn without the starch. It used to be the cheaper alternative but has more than tripled in price, along with everything else.

Link
Transportation costs have changed the ration over the years so lately I've excluded beet pulp (waste after sugar is extracted at the plant), soybean hulls (waste from production of soybean oil), cotton seed (waste from cotton production), flax byproduct, sweet corn husks/cobs (waste from sweet corn canning factory). DDG's have gotten too expensive.

Right now it's alfalfa, high moisture alfalfa that is chopped and bagged, grass, dry grass hay, millet and winter rye that is high moisture and chopped and bagged, ground oats straw because I grow that all and there is no transportation costs.

The only thing I purchase is dry mineral, comes in 50# bags and occasional a supplemental mineral tub where the mineral is cooked in a molases base (calving season, early breeding season, I give it to calves prior and after weaning from the cow).

Feed costs are a big deal to profitability, I rework the pro forma on feed ration twice a week and tweak as needed.

Link
Most of that organic matter would simply be spread back in to a field and left to decompose in to soil and that process produces methane.......The idea that we could reduce global methane by reducing the cow herd is right up there with stop building prisons and crime would stop.

Admin
Link
Inflation is mostly being caused by price gouging.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Admin
Link
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/apr/27/inflation-corporate-america-increased-prices-profits

Stock holders pulling in record profits while increasing prices on the consumer.

But yeah, it's the Democrats and the big fat nothing that they've done in office.

Admin
Link
It's weird though, you enthusiastically celebrate that capitalism, and by extension our government, exists to serve the rich.

But then want to take a weird pro-worker stance when it affects your bottom line. Strange, right? It's almost like rich people are panicking seeing their millions in the bank losing value, and now suddenly everyone cares about the "working guy". Fuck off.

Link
What is weird to me is how the party that supposedly supports the working poor and middle class hasn't got a clue when it comes to representing them.

Yeah, I'm starting to worry about stagflation, really didn't see any scenario where voters would tolerate an inflation scenario long enough for it to be an issue.

Corporate America should be increasing prices and profit margins, that's inflation. Why would I pay 4x more for fuel and fertilizer, 3x more for parts and equipment IF I can get either, pay more for labor and keep my margin the same? Don't they teach any basics of business and money in college?

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
What is weird to me is how the party that supposedly supports the working poor and middle class hasn't got a clue when it comes to representing them.

Neither party supports the working poor.

They are both right leaning corporate capitalist parties.

Coyote
Link
I have no faith that a red wave in November is going to change anything for the better but in this day and age, shouldn't politicians be more aware of the stupid shit they say?

Nope. Stupidity comes with the suit. Just pick a color (red or blue) and speak shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by BigMex73

To explain a bit, not all cows get fed corn. Beef cattle sometimes do but Dairy usually not so much. Cattle feed it pretty costly when compared to proper pasture usage and winter hay. Nice as an occasional diet supplement but not as an every day thing.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Coyote
Link
Don't they teach any basics of business and money in college?

They do but lately most just go there to become future internet trolls.

wipety-wipe-wipe

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.