User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > I thought a college degree made you smarter

Page:

Link
You'd think the government would invest in people pursuing education that was a benefit to society, like how to shovel shit.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I am dumb, came out of that closet decades ago.

Yet you still seem to have not worked through your insecurities about it.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Yet you still seem to have not worked through your insecurities about it.

And?

Admin
Link
You'd probably be happier and not need to make threads like this if you'd work through it. You took the first step a decade ago when you acknowledged that you're an idiot.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
You've given me what seems like a lot of homework here.

Link
Give it a shot CD.

I was taking a run at Trump supporters and trying a more subtle shot at the people that subscribe to the uneducated voter theory

I have a masterís in public admin. I have witnessed a few ph.dís throw common sense out the fooking window.

Link
hijacking what is otherwise yet another engaging meeting of the minds:

cp - have you found a universal - NON EPA - gas can spout that actually works well and doesn't leak everywhere? figured you might be the best to ask here. tired of leaking gas all over my lawn, and the fucking EPA spouts blow chunks.
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Link
Not really Seth, if they used NPT thread on the cap, you could make your own but I think it's ACME thread.

I've heard of a company called "rural walking" that sells a high flow replacement nozzle/cap but that's about as close to not leaking as your going to get.

Another example of how a "safety" regulation is more dangerous and environmentally damaging than the old style.

Gas is more explosive but at least the smell goes away and it vaporizes, I filled my cattle back rubbers with diesel and insecticide today and the leaky containers suck and I'm used to diesel smell but I don't like showering in it so I feel your pain.

Link
Originally posted by Sooner_Nation
I have a masterís in public admin. I have witnessed a few ph.dís throw common sense out the fooking window.

I have a BS from the school of hard knocks

Link
Originally posted by cyberninja
I'm sure she cum laude in Boston

Everyone cums laude in Boston
Trump didn't just lose. He lost big.

Link
Originally posted by Venkman

cp - have you found a universal - NON EPA - gas can spout that actually works well and doesn't leak everywhere? figured you might be the best to ask here. tired of leaking gas all over my lawn, and the fucking EPA spouts blow chunks.

I am disappointed that you are already mowing, supposed to wait and support pollinators and buy an electric mower for the environment

Link
I have a BS from the school of hard knocks

No better teacher then tasting your own blood.

Coyote
Link

Not really Seth, if they used NPT thread on the cap, you could make your own but I think it's ACME thread.

I've heard of a company called "rural walking" that sells a high flow replacement nozzle/cap but that's about as close to not leaking as your going to get.

Another example of how a "safety" regulation is more dangerous and environmentally damaging than the old style.

Gas is more explosive but at least the smell goes away and it vaporizes, I filled my cattle back rubbers with diesel and insecticide today and the leaky containers suck and I'm used to diesel smell but I don't like showering in it so I feel your pain.

Don't know if this helps either of you but I have a few things I do that stops the issue.
#1, go old school. Yes... you can find the older style gas cans and I have several of them. Try garage sales and yard sales at farms out in the country.
#2, Hacksaw. I have 3 'new model' gas cans I had to buy with those damnable spouts so I cut off the ends... about 3 or 4 inches down from the tip. Helps a lot. Not a perfect solution, but it does help... as long as you do this as well...
#3, Funnels. I have several. One for the lawn mower... one for the truck... one for oil... one for hydrolic fluid, one for power steering fluid, one for clutch/brake fluid, and one for transmission fluid. (Yes... I know some fluids are the same but the openings to put them in are not.) The wider the mouth of the funnel, the less likely you'll spill all over. Also you can trim some off the bottom to widen out the other end as well so the fluid doesn't back up as quickly when pouring into. Just be sure to leave at least an inch longer than the opening you're sticking it into.

Hope I helped some. And I agree with CP... stupid designs to comply with, what seems like a good idea but has actually made it worse... not better. Likely done for the same reasons we have to put 'contains nuts!' warnings on peanut butter jars. Stupid humans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on Jun 3, 2022 11:59:47

Link

This is what I have for our "mowers"(windrower/silage chopper etc..), might be overkill in your application

https://www.meridianmfg.com/990-base-model/

you can get smaller fuel caddy's that have hand pumps or small electric pumps but they cost $300+ too but they are on wheels.

Link
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200325161_200325161?cm_mmc=Bing-pla&utm_source=Bing_PLA&utm_medium=Fuel%20Transfer%20%2B%20Lubrication%20%3E%20Fuel%20Caddies&utm_campaign=Flo%20n%2C%20go&utm_content=33631&cmpid=53403381&agid=3200075891&tgtid=pla-4577060750155915&prdid=33631&gclid=a5cc199861721f3d39557b02c96dacc1&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=a5cc199861721f3d39557b02c96dacc1

Holy long link batman.

Something like this might work but with the price of gas, don't let your neighbors see it, they'll break in.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.