User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Glad fascism can't happen here

Page:

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Attack the messenger when you can't handle the message.

Stay classy.

It was sincere, I generally don't personally attack people, it seems desperate and I think there are forum rules against it

Link
Reactionary politics have been a feature of every fascist state.

Except in particular estado novo, francoist spain

virtually all fascist states, while having some degree of conservative or reactionary bent with regard to social issues, with some focus on traditionalism whether that meant status quo or status quo ante, they also sought broad economic modernizations in many cases revolutionary rather than reactionary, so it's a mixed bag. In particular Japan westernized during the meiji restoration, where status quo ante for them would probably have been reinstating sakoku and having a stronger shogunate

Ethno-nationalism has, likewise, been a feature of every fascist state.

except italy beyond a very limited capacity in conciliation to Hitler (and they never actually enforced any ethnic laws), spain, portugal, japan, or austria in any official capacity. I'm sure you could find quotes, but then I could find racist quotes from democrats and that wouldn't make the democratic party an officially racist organization. Nationalism is a necessary component of fascism, but it can be cultural, civic, ethnic, or any kind of nationalism. It needn't be ethnic. Austria outright negated ethnic considerations, as did Italy early on, with Mussolini calling the idea of a superior race arrogant and idiotic.

Neither authoritarianism nor nationalism, combined or separately, equates to fascism.

Good on you for this complete reversal from calling your average Trump supporter a fascist, a clearly nonsense claim.
This is completely consistent with, for example, the american republican desire for cultural rather than ethnic nationalism, which would distinguish it from fascism from your perspective, as well as their conservative rather than reactionary position, which does the same
"my confirmation bias, so therefore"
-Lurchy

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
It was sincere, I generally don't personally attack people, it seems desperate and I think there are forum rules against it

Not here there are not (any rules). Either that or Doggie is immune to prosecution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on Jun 16, 2022 19:21:23

Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Not here there are not (any rules). Either that or Doggie is immune to prosecution.

I feel like I should apologize for complimenting him, he didn't seem to take it very well.

Reminds me of the quote:

Hes a fountain of misplaced rage. Name your cliche; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now hes so angry that moments of levity actually cause him pain; give him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.