User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Glad fascism can't happen here

Page:

Link
And in MN, I can borrow the gun for cash and nobody is aware of the situation. I may borrow it out forever without technically selling it and forget I ever had it.

Link
Unless it's a handgun, or a "military style" automatic rifle in which case you remove the scary looking accessories from the platform, sell the person a semi automatic rifle and then immediately sell him gun parts.

It's so fucking stupid and easy to navigate around, don't know why we buck gun laws, law enforcement doesn't enforce current laws and county and state attorney's don't prosecute the current laws unless you did something worse and it's part of a plea deal

no title
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
And in MN, I can borrow the gun for cash and nobody is aware of the situation. I may borrow it out forever without technically selling it and forget I ever had it.

good point

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Cool, cool. So why continue supporting capitalism, and candidates that put capitalism above all else?

You're setting up a scenario where the only options are helping the rich and powerful by the government doing nothing, or helping the rich and powerful by the government doing something.

There's a third option other than right wing and centrist policies, regardless of what the rich and powerful would have you believe.

Ok. Your turn. Find me a highly prominent Politician, currently either in office or running for office (and no locals, please... totally different type of politician and politics)... one who rails against Capitalism. I'm sure you'll link some fringe player here but they'll have 113% no shot at getting elected so you want me to waste my time and money on them but I doubt you'll ever do the same. They don't exist. We have who we have and we select from the 'least worst' as best we can and I do not see that changing in my lifetime. Maybe... maybe in our children's lifetime... more likely in our grandchildren's lifetime... if the country survives that long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Ok. Your turn. Find me a highly prominent Politician, currently either in office or running for office (and no locals, please... totally different type of politician and politics)... one who rails against Capitalism. I'm sure you'll link some fringe player here but they'll have 113% no shot at getting elected so you want me to waste my time and money on them but I doubt you'll ever do the same. They don't exist. We have who we have and we select from the 'least worst' as best we can and I do not see that changing in my lifetime. Maybe... maybe in our children's lifetime... more likely in our grandchildren's lifetime... if the country survives that long.

You're right, as long as people like you have that mentality, then nothing is going to improve.

I don't have much hope on things changing for the better in my lifetime either, I'm not even sure the country is going to survive for the rest of my lifetime.

One thing I do know is that media and corporate interests would rather align themselves with right wing extremism than consider anything left of center. As neoliberalism continues to fail the average person, more and more people are going to be pushed towards the extremes. With the fascism wing being the only "electable" option, you should be as worried for the future of the country as I am.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
CD, my life is really good and I'm genuinely happy. Why do you want to screw that up?

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
CD, my life is really good and I'm genuinely happy. Why do you want to screw that up?

If your life was good and you were genuinely happy you wouldn't come slinking back here every day like it's a truck stop glory hole.

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
If your life was good and you were genuinely happy you wouldn't come slinking back here every day like it's a truck stop glory hole.

What level of unhappy must you be to be an admin in this truck stop of a glory hole?
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by BigMex73
What level of unhappy must you be to be an admin in this truck stop of a glory hole?

People have done worse things for less money.

You're not wrong though. I was pretty unhappy with myself 10-12 years ago. I did the thing that many of the people here do though, and got very defensive when that cognitive dissonance got poked. I convinced myself that I was happy despite holding a whole heap of insecurities and conflicting views.

What keeps me coming back is that I believe I can help some of the guys here do the same thing. The fact that people like CP keeps coming back despite not having played the game for years tells me that deep down he realizes his inner conflicts.

He'll do the double down claiming to be happy and proud to be a bigot etc, but his childish self defense mechanisms say otherwise. He's working through his indoctrinated trauma, one penis at a time.
Edited by Corndog on Jun 1, 2022 01:16:29

Link
Lol, double down

Link
Do people do truck stop glory holes daily and why do they need to be slinking back? Are glory hole users ashamed?

Link
Originally posted by wormser1971
The murder rate here is actually pretty high. TN ranks 6th in murder rate. Property crime in the nearest small town is 5% higher than the national average.
It's a deeply conservative state, run almost entirely by republicans. Nashville is a high crime area, and the city itself is led by Democrats, but they can't just overrule the state laws... Like "Constitutional carry", which just means no permit required for any weapons. Here you can buy a gun on the street LEGALLY, without any checks of any kind. That contributes more to violent crime than anything else. We had a guy in a nearby city (population 60k) who shot a gun inside a pool hall during an argument. He was arrested, but the republican judge put him in the diversion program (Judge is a gun nut). 3 months later, he shot a guy in the face, twice, killing him. Nothing about the crime in that city has anything to do with democrats. They have zero dems on city commission, and the county commission only has 1 dem out of 15. Police are corrupt, and are actually involved in a lot of the meth and pill distribution. Property crime rate in that city is 38%, but the national average is 19%.
Crime follows poverty, and the South has plenty of both... I'm sure people aren't claiming that the South is run by Democrats

Memphis skews the state, and Nashville is run by idiots and has essentially handcuffed the police after they tried MNPD officer Andrew Delke for shooting an armed gunman evading arrest!
I'm not care free, I'm free to care I just never do... ♫ ♫♫

no title
Link
Originally posted by F00tballJunkie
Memphis skews the state, and Nashville is run by idiots and has essentially handcuffed the police after they tried MNPD officer Andrew Delke for shooting an armed gunman evading arrest!

Did that somehow cause the crime rate in Johnson City to be double the national average? I would dare you to go up one of the mountains. Those crazy peeps shoot at anything they don't recognize

Link
Originally posted by wormser1971
Did that somehow cause the crime rate in Johnson City to be double the national average? I would dare you to go up one of the mountains. Those crazy peeps shoot at anything they don't recognize

I'm sure if you pass more restrictive laws, those folks will stop shooting. You should try to remove your prisons

Link
As long as most gun parts (excluding the lower receiver) are completely legal to sell to ANYONE (including people excluded from owning firearms), you'll never get rid of AR 15's. Anyone with mild mechanical abilities can have an entire armory of Semi auto hunting rifles and have access to the parts needed to convert the weapon.

Make it illegal and people simply won't have all the parts on the gun when storing it at home or transporting it and be 100% legal and quickly convert it if they have bad intentions or meeting up with friends on private property for sport shooting.

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.