User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Glad fascism can't happen here

Page:

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Hammer31
My buddy is a cop here in Jersey and they just got the order that anyone with an arrest warrant under $500 gets off. They are also not allowed to chase anymore. Unfortunately we are going backwards on crime punishment so highly likely that wont happen.

Yes, police should be militarizing against petty crime.

Meanwhile, they let the Texas shooter walk into the building with guns, then stood outside tazing parents that tried to go in. We need more heroics like that.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Admin
Link
Cops exist to protect the rich. If someone steals your TV, you're never going to see it again. Steal a pack of gum from Walmart and you're liable to get executed in the street.

Law and order.

Admin
Link
"Good guys with guns" stand outside playing crowd control while bad guys with guns commit mass murder.

And you're concerned about police chasing down misdemeanor crimes. Disgusting.

Admin
Link
Remember during the pandemic when police were standing in alleyways with guns defending trash cans to stop hungry people from eating thrown away food?

We need more of that. That's what really keeps us safe.

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Remember during the pandemic when police were standing in alleyways with guns defending trash cans to stop hungry people from eating thrown away food?

We need more of that. That's what really keeps us safe.

No this weekend is Memorial day and i dont think thats what it means to remember today. But stay classy

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
You are conflicting yourself Wizz. You are saying that it is difficult to figure out "why" politicians do something and follow it up with if you follow the money you always know the "why".

No... I said "try to pin down a politician as to 'why' they do something". Meaning, if you ask them you'll get 10,000 lies and half truths and a fat stinkin pile of mumbo-jumbo that means nothing. Hense the phrase, it's "like trying to catch a greased pig... while you're covered in grease yourself." BUT... if YOU follow the money then the answer is always clear. Brother... work on those reading skills. I know trying to assemble IKEA furniture probably burned you out (i mean... reading the assembly instructions would fry anyone's mind... so nothing personal meant here) but, reading matters. Luv ya anyways, farmboy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on May 28, 2022 18:00:24

Coyote
Link
Not sure how true that is considering the "money" in politics is trying to stop the government from doing anything.

The people with money want the government to do nothing. The people with money and power are able to horde more money and power the less the government is involved. They've monopolized the media to convince people like you, without money and power, that the government doing anything is bad for you.

(Note... I removed the personal attacks because I've heard enough shit from you in that regard and don't reckon on feeding your bullshit anymore than humanly possible.)

And this is where YOU fail, grasshopper (IMHO). Following the money easily explains why things get done... and why they don't. The money always leads you back to the puppet master(s) and once you know those then you know why something is done (or not done) and it's (almost? [just for CP's sake]) always because either the issue benefits or badly impacts those same puppet masters. It has nothing to do with neoliberalism, fascism, or any other 'ism'. It's all about the Benjamin's. Capitalism (oops... another ism) at it's finest. Money rules.

wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
No... I said "try to pin down a politician as to 'why' they do something". Meaning, if you ask them you'll get 10,000 lies and half truths and a fat stinkin pile of mumbo-jumbo that means nothing. Hense the phrase, it's "like trying to catch a greased pig... while you're covered in grease yourself." BUT... if YOU follow the money then the answer is always clear. Brother... work on those reading skills. I know trying to assemble IKEA furniture probably burned you out (i mean... reading the assembly instructions would fry anyone's mind... so nothing personal meant here) but, reading matters. Luv ya anyways, farmboy.

My reading skills?

If you had to translate your original and explain that you meant "ask them and they will lie" instead of what you actually wrote, the reading skills might not be the cause of the confusion.

Link
. The only things that trickle down in neoliberalism are piss and shit. We've managed to fall behind the world in almost all standard of living metrics since this corrosive policy consumed both major parties.

This country has two neoliberal parties, one that blames the failings of the policy on civil rights, and one that just shrugs and acts like the failings don't exist. One leads to fascism and one continues the deterioration. The trajectory of the country really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

I call bullshit.

The easiest way to measure "standard of living" is by comparing consumption levels. Consumption includes all income sources (wages, savings, social support etc) The US is #1 with a bullet and before you counter with the 1% is inflating those numbers, if you take our bottom 25%, the poorest Americans, their consumption level finishes 13th. Meaning that being very poor in America gives you the opportunity to consume more products and services than an average person in almost any other country.

There is nothing wrong with the trajectory, there is a HUGE issue with perspective or lack thereof.

Coyote
Link
My reading skills?

If you had to translate your original and explain that you meant "ask them and they will lie" instead of what you actually wrote, the reading skills might not be the cause of the confusion.

Eh... I can see that maybe but then it made plenty sense even as is. Maybe if it read 'Ask them any question and they will lie'? That help?
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on May 28, 2022 21:55:03

Admin
Link
I call bullshit.

The easiest way to measure "standard of living" is by comparing consumption levels. Consumption includes all income sources (wages, savings, social support etc) The US is #1 with a bullet and before you counter with the 1% is inflating those numbers, if you take our bottom 25%, the poorest Americans, their consumption level finishes 13th. Meaning that being very poor in America gives you the opportunity to consume more products and services than an average person in almost any other country.

There is nothing wrong with the trajectory, there is a HUGE issue with perspective or lack thereof.

So where did you get those cherry picked statistics? I can't find anything that remotely backs up any of those claims. I'm guessing your source is using total rather than per capita, and leaving out the fact that the US is bigger than most countries.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
It has nothing to do with neoliberalism, fascism, or any other 'ism'. It's all about the Benjamin's. Capitalism (oops... another ism) at it's finest. Money rules.

Cool, cool. So why continue supporting capitalism, and candidates that put capitalism above all else?

You're setting up a scenario where the only options are helping the rich and powerful by the government doing nothing, or helping the rich and powerful by the government doing something.

There's a third option other than right wing and centrist policies, regardless of what the rich and powerful would have you believe.

Link
So where did you get those cherry picked statistics? I can't find anything that remotely backs up any of those claims. I'm guessing your source is using total rather than per capita, and leaving out the fact that the US is bigger than most countries.

You can't find the level of American consumption per capita anywhere on the internet?

Admin
Link
You can't find the level of American consumption per capita anywhere on the internet?

Of specifically the bottom 25%? No, not really.

no title
Link
As far as I know, you can private sale a gun legally almost anywhere in the US.

In TN I could literally sell my gun to anyone on the street. I could sit in my front yard with a sign that says "AR 15 for sale" and anyone could just pop over and buy it, with no record of the sale.

In Minnesota, it requires notifying the sheriff of the sale, then the sheriff does a background check and determines if the sale is prohibited. There is a minimum 5 day period after the sheriff is notified.

So, yes, private sales are allowed in most states, TN allows an immediate transfer, with no background check or record of the sale... Quite a large difference in what is allowed

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.7132.

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.