User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Denying communion is just wrong

Page:

Link
I can't find the justification for denying communion, can someone help me out here.

Link
Theists gonna theist. Rational explanations can't be made to fit the irrational.

The fox knows many tricks. The hedgehog knows one good one.

Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I can't find the justification for denying communion, can someone help me out here.

Exclusive club. Gotta follow the local chapter rules. Now im gonna pass the plate.
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Coyote
Link
Long time back but I knew of a church that used real wine so kids were denied partaking. I'd bet by now they use grape juice, for the kids at least. I can't do either because I'm allergic to grapes and raisins... so I go with water and nobody complains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
We use the hard stuff but kids are 14.

If you're old enough to stack a rack of alfalfa bales, your old enough for a grain belt or Schmidt

Link
Originally posted by BigMex73
Exclusive club. Gotta follow the local chapter rules. Now im gonna pass the plate.

That's just wrong, especially from the denomination that allowed all the pedophiles to continue to administer the sacrament

Link
That's just wrong, especially from the denomination that allowed all the pedophiles to continue to administer the sacrament

On your knees and accept my sacrament.

Link
On your knees and accept my sacrament.

I make a joke about everything and that even makes me uncomfortable. I didn't think I had a line to cross anymore.

Link
I make a joke about everything and that even makes me uncomfortable. I didn't think I had a line to cross anymore.

The entire thing is a joke if anyone thinks that there is an official representative of God on earth.

Coyote
Link
The entire thing is a joke if anyone thinks that there is an official representative of God on earth.

Well... man has been trying hard to claim the throne for themselves since the dawn of time so I'm not expecting that to change anytime soon.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Coyote
Link
We use the hard stuff but kids are 14.

If you're old enough to stack a rack of alfalfa bales, your old enough for a grain belt or Schmidt

Works when you're the boss... not so much when you're the Church. Image, ya know?
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link

It's sad that the Catholic church didn't seem to learn anything from all of those mistakes, business as usual. I have a genuine, deep appreciation for Catholics but would love to see more of them speak out and start demanding new leadership.

They went from covering up sex abuse, to quietly settling lawsuits to shifting assets prior to filing bankruptcy in order to shield those assets from victims they owed money to.

Money is not the root of all evil, the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Save a trust fund but lose members, that's not a win for the church.

Link
Originally posted by Theo Wizzago
Works when you're the boss... not so much when you're the Church. Image, ya know?

It's a half a shot glass of dry, red table wine. No image damage done IMHO.

Link
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-03-13/more-than-one-third-of-catholics-consider-leaving-church-amid-sex-abuse-scandal-study-says

Coyote
Link
It's a half a shot glass of dry, red table wine. No image damage done IMHO.

Would f*ck me up for sure... but then not in the way you think. Just bad rash and several days of diarrhea.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.