User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Book burning

Page:

Admin
Link
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/library-apps-book-ban-schools-conservative-parents-rcna26103

Why is the right so desperate to limit access to information?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
This is America, conservatives have a golden opportunity right now and they are going to knee jerk themselves right out of it.

Link
The good thing about this is kids are grouping together in record numbers to read the ban material.
Originally posted by Squeally
It's tough when you are a passive aggressive, beta-male!

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
This is America, conservatives have a golden opportunity right now and they are going to knee jerk themselves right out of it.

I mean, they don't have anything besides the knee jerking.

Link
Originally posted by Corndog

Just for the record, you post more knee jerk reaction stuff than anyone on here hahahaha

Link

I think you're right, I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything original that Republicans have done in recent history. It seems like their entire position is to dismantle and undo things Democrats have done. Don't get me wrong, there are things that need to be undone but you'd think there would be a few original thoughts mixed in there as well.

Admin
Link
I think you're right, I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything original that Republicans have done in recent history. It seems like their entire position is to dismantle and undo things Democrats have done. Don't get me wrong, there are things that need to be undone but you'd think there would be a few original thoughts mixed in there as well.

That's not how reactionary politics work though.

They just keep rolling history back further and further, because they've been lied to about the answer being in the past when the problem is in the present, and the solution is in the future. If we just erase gay people, ban abortions, outlaw interracial marriages, and bring back segregation then white people are going to be just as well off as they were in the 50s.

Fascism works by blaming social change for an unfair economic system, as a way to protect the economic system from criticism. It's not that the system is failing you, it's that Jews/Mexicans are exploiting the system. You're supposed to be higher in the hierarchy, but sneaky and malicious outsiders took your place. It can't be that the hierarchical system itself is flawed.
Edited by Corndog on May 22, 2022 07:44:39

Link

They just keep rolling history back further and further, because they've been lied to about the answer being in the past when the problem is in the present, and the solution is in the future. If we just erase gay people, ban abortions, outlaw interracial marriages, and bring back segregation then white people are going to be just as well off as they were in the 50s.

Fascism works by blaming social change for an unfair economic system, as a way to protect the economic system from criticism. It's not that the system is failing you, it's that Jews/Mexicans are exploiting the system. You're supposed to be higher in the hierarchy, but sneaky and malicious outsiders took your place. It can't be that the hierarchical system itself is flawed.

And that is how over reaction works^^ We just want K-3 to learn about letters and math is that so bad? Or do you have to play the victim and everyone is out to get you?
Stop trying so hard to make the world look bad so we feel shitty like you do.
I suggest you get outside and get some sun.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Hammer31
And that is how over reaction works^^ We just want K-3 to learn about letters and math is that so bad? Or do you have to play the victim and everyone is out to get you?
Stop trying so hard to make the world look bad so we feel shitty like you do.
I suggest you get outside and get some sun.

And also ban books that talk about gay people

Link
How do you burn a digital book anyway? I would want my school to vett the books my kids will have access too. Seems a massive overreaction to a biased ass NBC news report

Link

I was with you for that first step CD, then you went full retard for some reason.

See what happens when I encourage you

Admin
Link
I was with you for that first step CD, then you went full retard for some reason.

See what happens when I encourage you

Sorry you couldn't keep up.

Link
Sometimes you gotta let go of the reins and let them run off that energy

Admin
Link
Sometimes you gotta let go of the reins and let them run off that energy

Yeah, that smug neoliberalism is what's going to lead us straight into fascist.

Link
Yeah, that smug neoliberalism is what's going to lead us straight into fascist.

Im playing a game where i buy a new gun everytime you say Fascist. Gonna need a new cabinet.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.