User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Bernie Sanders is such a fraud

Page:
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 14:12:30
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
For profit needs a market, it's not their fault. People could listen to NPR for news but chose entertainment.


And Ponzi schemes are a very successful business endeavor.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 14:12:30
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
So people secretly support it but the news, that many don't watch, tricks them to reject that policy?


I mean yeah pretty much. That's how propaganda and misinformation campaigns work.

Medicare for all is wildly popular. You say "bUt HoW dO wE fUnD it?"...as if we don't already have examples across the world. Of the developed nations, we pay 3 times more per capita in healthcare, and still have the lowest life expectancy. We also have the highest infant mortality rate, a fun statistic for those "pro-life" people out there.

But universal care is an impossible pipedream. Despite every other country having it, and paying a third of what we pay for healthcare.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on May 18, 2022 09:23:30
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 18:05:44
Link
Again, I'm all ears if funding it includes across the board taxes at every level. If it includes sales tax or VAT taxes and that is the point where the popularity of the idea starts to erode.

Trump was an outlier in many regards but apparently he figured out a way to navigate around the national media propaganda and he still won an election but Bernie can't win because MSNBC and CNN doesn't play fair.

What "for profit" company wouldn't want to make less money and pay more taxes?? It's a puzzler why they don't jump on board with it.
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 14:12:30
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
What "for profit" company wouldn't want to make less money and pay more taxes?? It's a puzzler why they don't jump on board with it.


Like it really isn't, anyone with a half functional brain should be able to suss out that media is going to lean right to protect their financial interests.

What is surprising is the number of people in the country that can't figure it out. Working class voters clinging to their media outlets ran by billionaires as if it's fair and unbiased news. Whether that's Fox or Washington Post.

That's why so much of the world is toying with fascism again. It's the neoliberal chickens coming home to roost. Profit motive leads to profiteers doing what's best for them and worse for everyone else until it creates a monster it can't control. Like Trumpism.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 14:12:30
Admin
Link
Like, as Theo's new mantra says, this has all happened before. Just take a look at the world a hundred years ago.

What Theo's mantra misses out on, is that there were some terrible decades in that time, and nukes didn't exist.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 18:05:44
Link
Toying with fascism is funny and how nukes somehow fit in the conversation.

Part of your hang up or disconnect is that 35-40 % of your working class work for small business and have a more direct connection and understanding of how regs and taxes impact them. That theory would also explain the gap in popularity from urban where many large employers exist and rural where self employed and small business dominates the employment landscape.
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 09:52:44
Link
I always double check with the Heritage Foundation before I vote on anything, because I am a free thinker.
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.
 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 18:05:44
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Like, as Theo's new mantra says, this has all happened before. Just take a look at the world a hundred years ago.

What Theo's mantra misses out on, is that there were some terrible decades in that time, and nukes didn't exist.


Kamala in 2024 or do you think the US is primed and ready for Bernie part III?

 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 18:05:44
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
And Ponzi schemes are a very successful business endeavor.


The obvious solution is to ignore the people and have the government regulate what is allowed as content on the news programs.

(They won't be kind to Bernie in that scenario either)



 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 12:51:36
Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
You: Give examples

Me: Examples

You:



Spot on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

 

Last Online: Aug 13, 2022 12:51:36
Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Like, as Theo's new mantra says, this has all happened before. Just take a look at the world a hundred years ago.

What Theo's mantra misses out on, is that there were some terrible decades in that time, and nukes didn't exist.


What the brainless mountain is trying to say here is he has no comprehension of basic human history so it's always better to scream at the world because, you know, it changes things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

 

Last Online: Aug 9, 2022 19:36:11
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Of course not, anyone left of center wouldn't care about someone being fraudulent or hypocritical as long as that fraud was closer to them on the political scale. It's the same reason why Sooner can't bring himself to admit how much of lying douchebag Trump is, because Trump can be a POS but as long as he says he's against abortion, the character of the message is less important.

It's not a veiled attack, it is direct and specific. You can't claim to be against something to gain attention and then use the very thing you are against when it benefits you or people will call you a fraud. Sorry.



Just for the record, can we see a list on what Trump lied about?




 

Last Online: Aug 9, 2022 19:36:11
Link
Originally posted by BigMex73
I always double check with the Heritage Foundation before I vote on anything, because I am a free thinker.


Cool. It helps alot when creating false narratives.




 

Last Online: Aug 9, 2022 19:36:11
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Like it really isn't, anyone with a half functional brain should be able to suss out that media is going to lean right to protect their financial interests.

What is surprising is the number of people in the country that can't figure it out. Working class voters clinging to their media outlets ran by billionaires as if it's fair and unbiased news. Whether that's Fox or Washington Post.

That's why so much of the world is toying with fascism again. It's the neoliberal chickens coming home to roost. Profit motive leads to profiteers doing what's best for them and worse for everyone else until it creates a monster it can't control. Like Trumpism.


Bill Maher is a very popular 'neoliberal chicken.'



Edited by Sooner_Nation on May 18, 2022 14:46:56
 

Last Online: Aug 9, 2022 19:36:11
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Bernie can't win because MSNBC and CNN doesn't play fair.

.


Except when they are talking about Trump, right?




Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.