User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Bernie Sanders is such a fraud

Page:
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I mean, don't let the Washington Post talking points get in the way of Biden voting for shit like this around the same time
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/20/18677998/joe-biden-1994-crime-bill-law-mass-incarceration

Things change over 30 years. Sanders has changed his opinions with new info. Democrats like Biden are still living in the 90s. That's why they are repeating some nonsense triangulation angle where if they just compromise enough then Republicans are going to be amicable to anything like passing abortion rights legislation.


It's not about Biden, he's not a fraud. He may be a piss poor president, a lackluster VP and a boring senator but he's been consistent with his mediocrity at best approach.

Sanders has been consistent with his desire to expand socialism, big fan of the Soviet Union and Fidel Castro's, that hasn't changed over the years.

 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
It's not about Biden, he's not a fraud. He may be a piss poor president, a lackluster VP and a boring senator but he's been consistent with his mediocrity at best approach.

Sanders has been consistent with his desire to expand socialism, big fan of the Soviet Union and Fidel Castro's, that hasn't changed over the years.


Cool, so we agree he hasn't changed his core beliefs, the things that set him apart and why he identifies as an independent.

But he has changed his views on policies less important to his platform. And that makes him a super hypocrite fraud.

It is about Biden, and it's about Hillary. You are literally just repeating the same dirt Washington Post throws at any leftist candidate that threatens neoliberalism by espousing overwhelmingly popular policies.

Imagine if you had this amount of passion about the majority of the right that actively believes the the country is ran by a satanic pedophile ring. Nah, gotta save that outrage for a politician that voted on a policy that's unpopular today compared to 30 years ago. A vote that you yourself still support.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
CD, She doesn't spit when she talks or throw her hands around like she is having a seizure or offer up inflammatory comments to gain attention but do you think progressive supporters could rally around someone like Amy Kloubachar. She is left of most Democrats in the Senate but also incredibly effective at getting bills she authors through committee, through both chambers and signed in to law.

Sanders renamed a couple of post office in his decades of service and managed to bump himself up a few tax brackets but do progressives value emotional speeches over results?

Minus the lack of foreign policy experience, she seems to fall in the category of highly qualified, highly effective and efficient, not outgoing enough to win a national election.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Cool, so we agree he hasn't changed his core beliefs, the things that set him apart and why he identifies as an independent.

But he has changed his views on policies less important to his platform. And that makes him a super hypocrite fraud.

It is about Biden, and it's about Hillary. You are literally just repeating the same dirt Washington Post throws at any leftist candidate that threatens neoliberalism by espousing overwhelmingly popular policies.

Imagine if you had this amount of passion about the majority of the right that actively believes the the country is ran by a satanic pedophile ring. Nah, gotta save that outrage for a politician that voted on a policy that's unpopular today compared to 30 years ago. A vote that you yourself still support.


I didn't say "super" hypocrite and clearly laid out his fraud and two faced persona with examples. Sorry you don't like it.

Wait, first I got my info from Fox News until we established that I don't have access to cable news, then I was stealing my opinions from white supremacy outlets, now the Washington Post? Are they all about the same thing?

Lol, have you ever had a discussion with someone on the far right who believes that Trump won the election, that believes that Democrats are satanists that traffic kids out of pizza parlors, that get mad about Barbie or Mr Potato head? There is literally no point in having a discussion with people like that.

Yeah, I support what the Democrats were in the 1990's for the most part. It was bipartisan at that time to be tough on crime, pro border security, pre welfare reform. Turns out I'm not a fraud that follows mob mentality or trends. Shame on me



 

Online
Admin
Link
For real? You're throwing out Amy Klouchbar as the left wing torchbearer? No thanks.

You can keep your "highly electable" centrist.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by
He acknowledges that Democratic voters from outside the Upper Midwest might not appreciate a candidate who avoids stark policy lines, but he says it’s part of her strength at home.

“That’s quintessential Minnesotan.” He offers an instructive one-liner: “Why did the Minnesotan cross the highway? To get to the middle of the road. We’re not a society to get to the latest trend.


This is the candidate you think progressives should rally behind?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
For real? You're throwing out Amy Klouchbar as the left wing torchbearer? No thanks.

You can keep your "highly electable" centrist.


I said highly effective, I don't know about highly electable.

 

Online
Admin
Link
Like, not even mad, just disappointed. For profit news outlets have really fucked this country.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
This is the candidate you think progressives should rally behind?


I was asking and got my answer.

Maybe the country will come around and support Sanders and Omar and AOC. It would be interesting to see them responsible for what comes out of Congress.
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I said highly effective, I don't know about highly electable.


I was just following up on your centrist propaganda. All of the news media was talking about how she's so electable.
https://www.vox.com/2020/2/11/21133949/amy-klobuchar-new-hampshire-electable

When the media gives their stamp of electability, what they really mean is they are milquetoast neoliberals. That's their primary way of sinking popular left wing candidates while pushing up shitters like Joe Biden and Hillary.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on May 18, 2022 09:05:35
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Like, not even mad, just disappointed. For profit news outlets have really fucked this country.


For profit needs a market, it's not their fault. People could listen to NPR for news but chose entertainment.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I was just following up on your centrist propaganda. All of the news media was talking about how she's so electable.
https://www.vox.com/2020/2/11/21133949/amy-klobuchar-new-hampshire-electable

When the media gives their stamp of electability, what they really mean is they are milquetoast neoliberals. That's their primary way of sinking popular left wing candidates while pushing up shitters like Joe Biden and Hillary.


You were just following up by assuming I was repeating propoganda despite saying the opposite? Nice try I guess.
 

Online
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I was asking and got my answer.

Maybe the country will come around and support Sanders and Omar and AOC. It would be interesting to see them responsible for what comes out of Congress.


I mean, they already do. Left wing policies are wildly popular. The issue is that all of the media, from Fox to CNN, work to downplay and discredit left wing policians and their policies.

Nonsense like electability arguments, or acting like we can't do the same things every other developed country can because "demographics" or some other garbage, despite those things being wildly popular.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Sorry so many people can stomach a compromised middle, some day maybe?
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I mean, they already do. Left wing policies are wildly popular. The issue is that all of the media, from Fox to CNN, work to downplay and discredit left wing policians and their policies.

Nonsense like electability arguments, or acting like we can't do the same things every other developed country can because "demographics" or some other garbage, despite those things being wildly popular.


So people secretly support it but the news, that many don't watch, tricks them to reject that policy?
Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.