User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > It not training its culture

Page:

Link
Also want to add ive been pulled over a dozen times by police and never have i been shot or beaten because i follow their directions.
Yall Musta Forgot!

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by ANumber1Roy
I find it funny that people nit pick on a handful of cases every year of police failing at their jobs when there are thousands of police reports every year. Many cases people just wanna excuse the criminal activity and just blame police responding. I will argue police are overprotected and laws need to change in that regard but im not gonna feel bad for people that ignore police commands and wonder why police get aggressive when ignored. At the end of the day police wanna get home to their families today like any other person. Point is if you go around carrying unlicensed guns or weapons around police expect a potential body bag when you dont put down your weapon or resist. Common sense would be you follow police directions but i guess that sense aint so common.

I agree that the number is a fraction compared to the number of positive outcomes but then that's always been humanity for you in a nutshell. Consider the story of chicken little. One event... magnified by fear... mass hysteria. Add to that the factor of $ because this is what drives what you see... whether on TV or on the web. Fear sells. It's why people go to the races... not to watch someone win but to see the wrecks. Humans are what they are and hundreds and thousands of years of evolution hasn't changed them much. It's why politicians preach fear... it's why 90% of the news you see is all about tragedy and controversy... it's why the biggest 'likes' and clicks come from tragic and controversial videos, stories, and links.

One problem I do see is that, because of all this, the bad a few police do always outshines the good until, someday, it's damaged the image so badly that it's not repairable and everybody will fear, or not comply, with police. You're right... most of the time if you do as asked in a calm manner, the situation is quickly resolved. But always consider, when confronting someone that is either mentally challenged or in an altered state of mind (through whatever means or reasons), you are not likely to get that nice 'calm response' and increasing the tension of the moment is like throwing gallons of gas onto the fire... while standing right beside it. This always has the potential for a bad ending... as it did with the OP's post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
I think police mistakes should be handled like doctor mistakes. Settlements with non disclosure and the media should report the incidents the same way.

Without looking it up, guessing you are more likely to die from physician or nurse error than police.

Link
The bigger problem is the lack of energy in the black community to hold their people in their own communities accountable. Chicago gang violence killing young black men every day but i don't people getting up in arms over that burning down known gang areas but when one cop does an injustice a city gets burnt to the ground. That shit annoys me. I just gotta enjoy my small victories of helping mentoring a few kids out of that lifestyle.
Yall Musta Forgot!

Link
That sounds simple but not easy to do

Admin
Link
In this thread, white people discuss what's wrong with black people.

Don't call it racism though.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
You can tell by being an admin? I dont remember checking that box when i signed up

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Vuijox
if they were shitting in white people's tacos i'd think it's funny but if they were black people's tacos, i'd burn down walgreens.

At least you're honest.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Link
Originally posted by Corndog

No i just discuss whats wrong with people but if it makes you feel better just continue blaming everything on white people that seems to be the trend this decade. Im actually full blooded portuguese which would be considered a minority being that our total population around the world is less than 20 million. You can just call me white anyway since you probably consider all europeans the same white people.

Yall Musta Forgot!

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Corndog

Don't worry... I won't.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
Originally posted by ANumber1Roy
The bigger problem is the lack of energy in the black community to hold their people in their own communities accountable. Chicago gang violence killing young black men every day but i don't people getting up in arms over that burning down known gang areas but when one cop does an injustice a city gets burnt to the ground. That shit annoys me. I just gotta enjoy my small victories of helping mentoring a few kids out of that lifestyle.

WS people have killed and done more damage to federal buildings then Antifi and the BLM movement combined.
Originally posted by Squeally
It's tough when you are a passive aggressive, beta-male!

Edited by Mathias82 on May 15, 2022 22:05:26

Link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h5JBh-eVH38

Iím pretty certain that all police are made to make a oath to the constitution. Must of forgot the no unwarranted search and seizure part of it. Sounds about white.

Link
They have evidence that search was unwarranted so hopefully they follow through with a lawsuit and get those guys off the force. Thats the only way to clean up the small percentage of bad cops.
Yall Musta Forgot!

Link
Someone said these are nick pick and rare. Yet today I got two incidents. If I really wanted to I bet I can find a few more today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei9IxPwuigA&list=RDCMUC9bMcW0MFzOAgfQ-7et47zw&index=2

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by Mathias82
Someone said these are nick pick and rare. Yet today I got two incidents. If I really wanted to I bet I can find a few more today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei9IxPwuigA&list=RDCMUC9bMcW0MFzOAgfQ-7et47zw&index=2

Yes. For two reasons.
1st of all do you have any idea right now just how many police are out on patrol across the entire nation? It's far more than whatever number you likely come up with. But we tend to think in small terms as human... local size would predetermine your ideas. If from a small town it's even harder than it would be for someone, say, from New York? Even in NY it's boiled down to boroughs and precincts so seems smaller than it would if you considered entire city... plus all HP as well. It's a giant number.
Reason #2 is that bad news makes headlines. Bad news gets more clicks. Good news does not. Bad news gets more viewers. Good news does not. Yes, you can find good news but that's because bad news ALL the time would just make people numb to it all. So good news is sprinkled in so the bad news sells better.
So, yeah... if you look for it it's easily found. But if you really look at the total %'s of bad cops news vs total cop incidents in a single day... across the entire nation... even accounting for those you don't see... it's a small %. Which is why bad cop things really skew the perspective. I've had my share of run-in's with bad ones... and much more with good ones just doing their job... the right way.
wipety-wipe-wipe

Edited by Theo Wizzago on May 17, 2022 12:14:45
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.