User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > RIP Roe v Wade

Page:

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I mean, people of color do disproportionately have less money. Something that targets the poor therefore targets people of color more than white people. That's just like, math. I guess your school spent too much time on gender.

It's okay though, having an unwanted kid that they can't afford should help them pull themselves up by their bootstraps and produce a healthy well adjusted and productive member of society.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on May 4, 2022 04:59:52

Link
Clearly, except it was for the past 50 years.

No, it has never been a U.S. Constitutional right. That's why the ruling has been questioned for 50 years.
I'm not care free, I'm free to care I just never do... ♫ ♫♫

Link
At least build back better is finally getting started!

Admin
Link
Originally posted by F00tballJunkie
No, it has never been a U.S. Constitutional right. That's why the ruling has been questioned for 50 years.

Are you saying SCOTUS has no constitutional power?

Seems like a pretty big leap, but okay.

Link
Are you saying SCOTUS has no constitutional power?

Seems like a pretty big leap, but okay.

That's not what I am say'n. I am only saying abortion is not a U.S. Constitutional right. This is a state issue!

Link
I mean, people of color do disproportionately have less money. Something that targets the poor therefore targets people of color more than white people. That's just like, math. I guess your school spent too much time on gender.

It seems to have turned out OK.

I'm still stuck on the idea that poor people and/or people of color would have a more difficult time preventing pregnancy.

Admin
Link
That's not what I am say'n. I am only saying abortion is not a U.S. Constitutional right. This is a state issue!

What you're saying doesn't make sense.

Do you know the role of SCOTUS? It's to decide whether something is a constitutional right or not. SCOTUS ruling that something is a constitutional right makes it a constitutional right, whether you agree with it or not.

Legitimately not sure what you think the role of SCOTUS is if it's not to decide constitutionality?

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
It seems to have turned out OK.

I'm still stuck on the idea that poor people and/or people of color would have a more difficult time preventing pregnancy.

Trolling or just that dense?

People with money can still travel for abortions, regardless of their state law. Poor people cannot.

Link
What you're saying doesn't make sense.

Do you know the role of SCOTUS? It's to decide whether something is a constitutional right or not. SCOTUS ruling that something is a constitutional right makes it a constitutional right, whether you agree with it or not.

Legitimately not sure what you think the role of SCOTUS is if it's not to decide constitutionality?

It's not if I agree or not. If it's in the constitution then it's in the constitution. It just isn't, however; congress can get it into law.

Admin
Link
It's not if I agree or not. If it's in the constitution then it's in the constitution. It just isn't, however; congress can get it into law.

So again, you think SCOTUS has no constitutional power.

I'll give it to you, you are making a strong case against public education.

Admin
Link
What do you think is the purpose of the Supreme Court if it isn't to rule whether something is constitutional or not?

Link
So again, you think SCOTUS has no constitutional power.

I'll give it to you, you are making a strong case against public education.

The SCOTUS cannot add to the Constitution if that's what you think. Congress can with an amendment! If you see the right for nation wide abortion rights in the Constitution, please share with us.

Admin
Link
The SCOTUS cannot add to the Constitution if that's what you think. Congress can with an amendment! If you see the right for nation wide abortion rights in the Constitution, please share with us.

What do you think is the purpose of the Supreme Court if it isn't to rule whether something is constitutional or not?

Link
So if it isn't there, it isn't a right. If it needs to be there, Congress must put it there.

Admin
Link
So if it isn't there, it isn't a right. If it needs to be there, Congress must put it there.

Supreme Court ruling that something is constitutional is what makes it a constitutional right, considering the power of the Supreme Court is to decide whether something is constitutional or not.

Were you dropped on your head as a child? What aren't you getting?
Edited by Corndog on May 4, 2022 06:38:25
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.