User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Jesus Christ, CNN

Page:

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I do want to delve deeper into energy, because I'm guessing you didn't pay much attention last time.

We produce more oil than we need in the US. The problem is, it is privately owned, and they make the most profit by exporting 80% of it. And then we import oil from other countries because privatizing profit and socializing expense has been the mode of operation for decades and decades.

The US will never be energy independent when private companies own the means of production of energy. We will always be beholden to the whims of oil companies. That's why they are pulling in record profits as gas prices skyrocket. Instead of using those profits to help supply the US with oil and lower gas prices, they are doing stock buybacks to appease investors.

We can delve deep when I'm not spreading organic, sustainable fertilizer because of the abnormal cold weather

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Your position is that nothing has changed with police, the border and energy since Trump was in office?

I mean, yeah? What has Biden changed? Aside from some half hearted rhetoric? Title 42 is still in place. Green New Deal is nowhere to be found. Police was never going to happen because the entire system as it exists was created by Biden.

Keystone Pipeline that was an import->export pipeline anyway, and was never functional to begin with? That's what caused gas prices to double?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

Admin
Link
Or are you saying the bipartisan infrastructure bill is the progressive policy that's at the core of all of these issues?

Link
I'll be pulling an all nighter in the shit spreader tonight and tomorrow night but I'll come back to how Trump policy, Biden policy and progressive policy are not the same on police, border and energy

Admin
Link
I'm excited for your riveting take on the obvious.

Link
Why do you act like it's all the same then?

It's my own fault for being a softie, giving employees long Easter weekends while I bust ass.

Admin
Link
Why do you act like it's all the same then?

I don't. You're the one that implied it's all the same.

You said progressive policies failed. I said Biden just continued Trump policy.
Edited by Corndog on Apr 17, 2022 02:51:50

Admin
Link
Progressive policies never happened, makes it hard for them to fail.

Link

See city government in districts that support US House reps that are progressive.

There is a reason why progressive Democrats exist in the US House, a reason why they are not the majority, a reason why they aren't in the oval office. Their proposals outside of their own caucus are not as popular as they believe they are.

Link
I don't. You're the one that implied it's all the same.

You said progressive policies failed. I said Biden just continued Trump policy.

Maybe I need a nap, I thought I was saying the opposite of that.

Admin
Link
There is a reason why progressive Democrats exist in the US House, a reason why they are not the majority, a reason why they aren't in the oval office. Their proposals outside of their own caucus are not as popular as they believe they are.

Maybe that's related to the link in the OP? I don't know.

Admin
Link
Biden gets elected, Biden enacts or maintains at best centrist policies, Biden support craters, and your takeaway is that those centrist policies are more popular than we think they are? Okay.
Edited by Corndog on Apr 17, 2022 03:20:42

Link

Maybe there is a God?

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Hammer31
Maybe there is a God?

Maybe, but when he was his own son he was hella progressive.

Link
Biden stops all drilling on federal land
Gas prices skyrocket
Biden says opening the drilling on federal land wont help anything
Blames it all on Putin
Biden reverses his move to stop drilling on federal land

Left wants to defund police
Crime goes rampant
Left want to fund the police

Progressive ideas while may make you feel all warm and fuzzy just dont work.
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.