User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > Jesus Christ, CNN

Page:
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/15/politics/biden-youth-approval-polling/index.html

Who could predict the support from young people for the 140 year old mummy would drop? A neoliberal, one of the central figures of the current police state, who is opposed to pretty mild progressive measures like decriminalizing weed and student loan forgiveness. Who would think the younger progressives' support of him was flaky at best? Only CNN, where corporate neoliberalism is the only thing on the menu, where they like their Democrats so "moderate" they are just right wing.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
Originally posted by
What explains Biden's precipitous drop-off among young Americans? It's hard to pinpoint any one reason


It really isn't. Young people were never crazy about his non-existent political platform. Young people are unhappy with yet another do nothing Democrat. Support from young people is what you were willing to sacrifice when you pushed Biden as the only choice in 2020 primaries. It shouldn't be a shocker that they aren't happy with what you sold them.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
AOC in 2024!

You'll get all the young people you want.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
AOC in 2024!

You'll get all the young people you want.


I mean, probably.

Like, regardless of your politics, how delusional do you have to be to be legitimately surprised that young people aren't overly enthusiastic about Biden? Like that was the obvious gamble, that young people are going to vote against Trump regardless, so we can roll out the most milquetoast candidate possible to appeal to "moderate" voters.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Jul 4, 2022 18:37:10
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
AOC in 2024!

You'll get all the young people you want.


i'd vote for her. if we're going to hell anyway at least give me something to look at on the way.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
I mean, probably.

Like, regardless of your politics, how delusional do you have to be to be legitimately surprised that young people aren't overly enthusiastic about Biden? Like that was the obvious gamble, that young people are going to vote against Trump regardless, so we can roll out the most milquetoast candidate possible to appeal to "moderate" voters.


I don't know if anyone is shocked about the fact that young people are not engaged with 1980's style policies with modern spin.

Maybe Buttigeg?? You're not going to like hearing this from me and I reserve the right to be wrong, I am out of the loop nationally but the biggest hurdle you have when wanting a more progressive candidate to win a national election is that the progressive platform not only is unpopular with moderates and suburbanites, it will send them fleeing to the hills (see Trump election results). You need the suburbs to win state electoral elections and win the senate. You can be as bat shit crazy as you want to win a lot of house seats but having a niche audience doesn't work.

The police thing and the crime that followed, even if you believe it is 100% pandemic related is a huge black eye for progressives and will continue to be.

Energy policy, even if you believe that blocking accessibility and killing pipelines has nothing to do with gas prices, it's going to be hard to convince even strongly left of center voters that you are on the right track. Policy needs to have reality as one of it's ingredients.

The good news or maybe the silver lining is that Republicans have the Trump related identity crisis as well. Any candidate the party has will likely have to at least pander to the knuckle heads that think that Trump won 2020 and risk losing everyone else.

 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Vuijox
i'd vote for her. if we're going to hell anyway at least give me something to look at on the way.


No.

It's one thing if I accidentally get my percker in a wood chipper but I'm not going to stick it in there on purpose.

 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
I'd like to see more candidates run on changing congressional policy that tax cuts and extra spending need to be funded. It's kind of a joke anyway. It's not like the CBO gets close on their projections and there are times when we need to debt spend and times when we need to cut taxes without cutting spending.

That's going to be another tough thing to sell for progressives. Let's spend 10 trillion extra dollars on energy on top of the worst inflation since the 1970's. Good luck convincing anyone who is not already on government assistance to agree to any of that.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
I'll give progressives credit, they are wisely making their headlines on student debt. It's the only thing they haven't screwed up yet. Police, border, energy, inflation. It's all they have left except for repeating that everyone is a transgenderphobic racist.
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I don't know if anyone is shocked about the fact that young people are not engaged with 1980's style policies with modern spin.


Except Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I'll give progressives credit, they are wisely making their headlines on student debt. It's the only thing they haven't screwed up yet. Police, border, energy, inflation. It's all they have left except for repeating that everyone is a transgenderphobic racist.


Police never happened.
Border never happened.
Energy never happened.

I guess you get credit for inflation? But the other party is literally transphobic racists, so I guess Democrats have that going for them. Yay?
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
Like I legitimately don't get your point here.

Police reform never happened, so it's progressives fault how?
Border never changed, Biden continued Trump's policies, and it's progressives fault again? Nevermind that it's a made up problem.
Energy never changed, Biden mostly continued Trump's policies. Those progressives ruining everything!

Progressives are the worst for continuing Trump policies, I guess we just have to continue Trump policies since progressive policy failed. Also culture war stuff.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 14:47:45
Admin
Link
I do want to delve deeper into energy, because I'm guessing you didn't pay much attention last time.

We produce more oil than we need in the US. The problem is, it is privately owned, and they make the most profit by exporting 80% of it. And then we import oil from other countries because privatizing profit and socializing expense has been the mode of operation for decades and decades.

The US will never be energy independent when private companies own the means of production of energy. We will always be beholden to the whims of oil companies. That's why they are pulling in record profits as gas prices skyrocket. Instead of using those profits to help supply the US with oil and lower gas prices, they are doing stock buybacks to appease investors.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on Apr 16, 2022 22:16:16
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Police never happened.
Border never happened.
Energy never happened.

I guess you get credit for inflation? But the other party is literally transphobic racists, so I guess Democrats have that going for them. Yay?


Your position is that nothing has changed with police, the border and energy since Trump was in office?
 

Last Online: Aug 18, 2022 10:48:10
Link
Originally posted by Corndog
Like I legitimately don't get your point here.

Police reform never happened, so it's progressives fault how?
Border never changed, Biden continued Trump's policies, and it's progressives fault again? Nevermind that it's a made up problem.
Energy never changed, Biden mostly continued Trump's policies. Those progressives ruining everything!

Progressives are the worst for continuing Trump policies, I guess we just have to continue Trump policies since progressive policy failed. Also culture war stuff.


Again, you think that Biden continued all of Trump's policies and progressives have been asking for more Trump era policies?
Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.