User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > United States of Hangry

Page:

Link
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/02/02/democrats-fox-news-entertainment-conservative-liberal-00004843

Link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1DM9MJfn0rQ

This Karen is upset because the hibachi chef is a Kobi fan. Probably gets super upset with seeing any BLM flags.
Originally posted by Squeally
It's tough when you are a passive aggressive, beta-male!

Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
Not only that but there is a way to:

1) Buy cows
2) Not deal with them
3) ?
4) Profit
5) Chose how much tax you want to pay, not only on step 4 but also the flexibility to legally shield other income sources from higher tax rates.

I'm interested. I would like to know more.
Originally posted by Mods
Sorry, your posting privileges have been revoked.

Fine. Be consistent with violations.

Coyote
Link
Originally posted by BigMex73

Not sure how accurate this will be since my farming days are pretty far behind me but, the government has been screwing with the tax laws, and other rules and regs for farmers like... since I've been alive? The issue is $ and always has been. Food is a must and the companies that either make products FOR farmers or those that buy FROM farmers, have always had a HUGE markup in the costs of their products because they can. Because they know the government will not let farmers fail. It would mean the collapse of the economy and the nation. Maybe not 'too big to fail' but, for sure, 'too important to fail'. For that reason farmers get all kinds of tax breaks and subsidies and any help you can think of to keep them afloat... barely for many because they don't take total advantage of these things, so they struggle. Add to that the whim of mother nature from time to time and a farmer is either in deep debt or making $ hand over fist. Feast or famine (tongue in cheek shot there). Willing to bet CP knows this and likely knows better since he's in the thick and in current as opposed to me which last farmed in the 80's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUeptFM6xpE
Originally posted by DigitalDaggers
wipety-wipe-wipe

Link
It has nothing to do with subsidies and the government doesn't really care how many family farms go belly up in a year. It isn't like those acres are left barren. There is a livestock indemnity program, about once per decade but the dollar amount isn't as much money as you can make in day of trading fat cattle or feeder cattle futures. Once in a while there is a disaster declaration for drought, it's a giant pain in the ass and typically comes out about 2 fiscal years after the actual disaster so the people that needed it, are already out of business and the rest of us who bought up their assets, get a little bonus for surviving.

It has to do with maximizing your tax depreciation on your schedule F, growing assets and shifting regular income that is taxed at higher rates to long term capital gains taxes or just simply growing net worth without exposing any of that growth to taxes....EVER!!

It also includes avoiding payroll taxes on your highest paid employee (that would be me and I'm technically not an employee but a consultant).

The US tax code should be illegal, so much time talking about corporate rates and top marginal rates but that is what most people understand so that is what they talk about.

Link
Originally posted by BigMex73

Send me a check for 5 million and I'll send you my consultant contract. Otherwise, wait for the book to come out.

Link
Kobi beef was the best Iíve ever had, $39/oz when we went out in the Bahamas
Be Kind. Be Humble. Work Hard.
Doctor of Psychology

Link
*Kobe Bryant

*Kobe beef

The fox knows many tricks. The hedgehog knows one good one.

Link
Originally posted by Luke Pass
Kobi beef was the best Iíve ever had, $39/oz when we went out in the Bahamas

I like it too but I haven't had it in 4-5 years and I wasn't picking up the tab the last time I had it.

I'm perfectly content with an angus Ribeye, more marbling than most but can't touch the marbling in Kobe.

The breed of cattle is Wagyu and I can get semen, I considered breeding angus/wagyu just for a small niche market locally. Add the marbling with the Wagyu, the performance with the angus side without sacrficing quality and increasing the yield. The problem being that Wagyu typically don't add the marbling until they are almost 3 year olds whereas straight angus will go high choice to prime, even qualify for CAB at 13-14 months so the choice on my end of production is sell one lower than average yielding animal at a premium after 3 years of investing or sell 2.5 times the number of animals (actually closer to 3 when you sell by the hanging weight considering the yield advantage). A big component of business is how quickly you can turn your assets over, the sales are what deliver the margins and that is before even considering that I would need additional feedlot space or reduce the numbers in my current operation. That obviously reduces the efficiency of all of your fixed costs.

Edited by Cowpoker on Mar 21, 2022 20:42:12

Link
There is another breed, I will butcher the spelling but it is something like Aukashi, check the spelling.

They would be close to Wagyu on the marbling but have a little more performance. They were illegally smuggled in to the US and the operation that handles them forces you to sign all these market agreements.

The thing about genetic marbling vs just pumping the critter full of corn to increase the marbling score is the genetic marbling is so much healthier. Loaded with amino acid and Omega 3's plus all the iron and B12 you get from beef to begin with.

Link
This bigot needs to be cancel. If you donít like how you are treated every company has a comment line. Especially a National chain like Popeyes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzi8QA-y1E

Edited by Mathias82 on Mar 22, 2022 19:13:10

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Mathias82
This bigot needs to be cancel. If you donít like how you are treated every company has a comment line. Especially a National chain like Popeyes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQzi8QA-y1E

These people don't get cancelled. Nobody gets cancelled.

At most he will get his own show on Fox News or OAN.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!
Edited by Corndog on Mar 23, 2022 05:32:53

Link
Originally posted by Corndog
These people don't get cancelled. Nobody gets cancelled.

At most he will get his own show on Fox News or OAN.

OAN can barely support the staff they got.

Admin
Link
Originally posted by Mathias82
OAN can barely support the staff they got.

Seems like a good pick up then, guessing that guy's going value isn't that high yet.
Six inches of pure deliciousness...on a stick!

fur eel
Link
Originally posted by Cowpoker
I like it too but I haven't had it in 4-5 years and I wasn't picking up the tab the last time I had it.

I'm perfectly content with an angus Ribeye, more marbling than most but can't touch the marbling in Kobe.

The breed of cattle is Wagyu and I can get semen, I considered breeding angus/wagyu just for a small niche market locally. Add the marbling with the Wagyu, the performance with the angus side without sacrficing quality and increasing the yield. The problem being that Wagyu typically don't add the marbling until they are almost 3 year olds whereas straight angus will go high choice to prime, even qualify for CAB at 13-14 months so the choice on my end of production is sell one lower than average yielding animal at a premium after 3 years of investing or sell 2.5 times the number of animals (actually closer to 3 when you sell by the hanging weight considering the yield advantage). A big component of business is how quickly you can turn your assets over, the sales are what deliver the margins and that is before even considering that I would need additional feedlot space or reduce the numbers in my current operation. That obviously reduces the efficiency of all of your fixed costs.

I keep hearing that Wagyu has become such a fad that you can literally order meat that's marketed as Wagyu but isn't the real stuff, but for some reason is allowed to be called Wagyu, due to a technicality? E.g. "Wagyu Sliders" at nearly every bar/pub in my area. Is it being weaponized so that cheap meat gets sold for huge profit. (And it's not like it's bad, plus drunk people can't tell the difference)

If you sell that meat at least a minimal capacity, could mean having a broader customer base, to offset the costs?

I could be totally wrong too, I haven't ordered anything at a restaurant called Wagyu in like 4 years, maybe they tightened that up.
Want to join the Pen Fifteen club?
Edited by psi on Mar 23, 2022 22:19:18
Page:

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.