User Pass

Forum > General Discussion > Politics and Religion > ITT you judge other poster's political leanings anonymously

Page:
 

Last Online: May 21, 2017 18:52:18
Link
As the only real socialist here, I'm disappointed to be rated lower than Showa. I'm clearly being far too reasonable.
 

Last Online: Jul 4, 2022 11:56:34
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde
As the only real socialist here, I'm disappointed to be rated lower than Showa. I'm clearly being far too reasonable.


i had no idea you were a socialist.

i had you pegged as a social democrat... or possibly a european-style democratic socialist.
 

Last Online: May 21, 2017 18:52:18
Link
That's what the political landcape is, but not my ideals. I generally identify as a "realistic socialist" or a "societal idealist" rather than your typical Comrade.
 

Last Online: Jul 4, 2022 11:56:34
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde
That's what the political landcape is, but not my ideals. I generally identify as a "realistic socialist" or a "societal idealist" rather than your typical Comrade.


but what are the characteristics of that?

and by what mechanism will socialism be achieved? through the political (e.g. democratic socialists) or through the economic (e.g. fabianism) or some combination?

i'm just curious.
 

Last Online: Nov 12, 2017 17:16:55
Link
I'm a -1.13, I need to start showing my raging liberal tendencies more.
 

Last Online: Jan 29, 2019 19:14:29
Link
Originally posted by njdevils5
I'm a -1.13, I need to start showing my raging liberal tendencies more.


I voted you one notch over --- I picked up on them!!!
The people who think they are too smart for the game are the ones who do not realize they are getting gamed.
 

Last Online: Sep 11, 2021 21:08:32
jumpin da snark
Link
Originally posted by njdevils5
I'm a -1.13, I need to start showing my raging liberal tendencies more.


I had you down for -2
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. - Obama, 2006
 

Last Online: Jun 29, 2021 22:31:30
Link
-1.22, huh?
FREE FREDEX!
 

Last Online: May 21, 2017 18:52:18
Link
Originally posted by Catullus 16
but what are the characteristics of that?

and by what mechanism will socialism be achieved? through the political (e.g. democratic socialists) or through the economic (e.g. fabianism) or some combination?

i'm just curious.


I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone else that identifies as such.

My own beliefs are closer to traditional Fabianism of slow progressive reform, society engineering itself and the eventual demise of traditional powerbases, the progression of technology removing borders and restrictions of what any single individual can achieve etc.

I've always been a key exponent of the destruction of the traditional ideological state apparatus as perpetually behind the times, reinforcing negative and divisive cultural values.

I vote on a more pragmattic basis.
 

Last Online: Jul 21, 2019 10:36:43
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde
I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone else that identifies as such.

My own beliefs are closer to traditional Fabianism of slow progressive reform, society engineering itself and the eventual demise of traditional powerbases, the progression of technology removing borders and restrictions of what any single individual can achieve etc.

I've always been a key exponent of the destruction of the traditional ideological state apparatus as perpetually behind the times, reinforcing negative and divisive cultural values.

I vote on a more pragmattic basis.


the internet is full of strange people
 

Last Online: May 21, 2017 18:52:18
Link
Only now coming to realise that?
 

Last Online: Jul 21, 2019 10:36:43
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde
Only now coming to realise that?


this is the first time I have really participated in an internet forum, so yes to an extent.

didn't mean strange as an insult either. I just genuinely do not know if I would have ever come across an individual describing themselves as you just did if not for the internet.
 

Last Online: May 21, 2017 18:52:18
Link
I'm English, "strange" isn't negative.
 

Last Online: Sep 11, 2021 21:08:32
jumpin da snark
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde

I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone else that identifies as such.

My own beliefs are closer to traditional Fabianism of slow progressive reform, society engineering itself and the eventual demise of traditional powerbases, the progression of technology removing borders and restrictions of what any single individual can achieve etc.

I've always been a key exponent of the destruction of the traditional ideological state apparatus as perpetually behind the times, reinforcing negative and divisive cultural values.

I vote on a more pragmattic basis.


What do you view as the negative consequences of these things?
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. - Obama, 2006
 

Last Online: Jul 4, 2022 11:56:34
Link
Originally posted by Koncorde
I wouldn't know, I don't know anyone else that identifies as such.
My own beliefs are closer to traditional Fabianism of slow progressive reform, society engineering itself and the eventual demise of traditional powerbases, the progression of technology removing borders and restrictions of what any single individual can achieve etc.
I've always been a key exponent of the destruction of the traditional ideological state apparatus as perpetually behind the times, reinforcing negative and divisive cultural values.
I vote on a more pragmattic basis.


fully agree -- but that's why i wondered if maybe you were a democratic socialist (sounds like you are).
Page:

Post Reply

You are not logged in. Please login if you want to post a reply.